Friday 2 March 2012

Having Class vs. Social Class

After blogging my first post about the study on social class, I found defining social class as something that is seen externally by many but I wanted to find more information.  I was pleased to come across a video posted on the Oprah website.  This video had multiple women share their knowledge of social class, and I learned that many of them disagreed with basing social class on appearance similar to me.  One woman shared that she is no longer in the upper class, although many would consider her with disregard to her current unemployment status.  They continued to share thoughts on defining social class on your looks, education, and wealth.  One lady shared her thoughts of social class being different than having class and being a gracious person, something I find vitally important.  Watch the video and see if you agree or disagree with these women.

No comments:

Post a Comment